Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Crusader SYW French Painted

28mm SYW Crusader French
It has been some time since I have posted any completed units.  Here are another two units of Seven Years War French infantry completed.  They were actually finished about 4 months ago.

The figures are nice and relatively easy to paint using the "prime white, wash with raw sienna, dry brush with bright white" method.  Again, the faces lack the recessed detail I prefer when using washes over flesh tones.


This was the Crusader box set that was available through Old Glory.  It consisted of 24 figures but only a single standard bearer, drummer, officer and NCO.  My units are 12 figures each so the 2nd battalion of each regiment does not have a standard bearer.  I can use the NCO as the officer for the second unit.  Note, I suspect this box set is no longer available because Old Glory and Crusader have parted ways.

SYW Crusader figures in line.

Now all I need is artillery, cavalry, and guns and I will have a small French contingent for my Seven Years war armies.

Post a Comment

0 Comments