Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Are you feeling SAD?

There seems to be a very melancholic mood in the Old School blogosphere of late. Frustration, anger, missed deadlines, lack of postings are all contributing. Indeed, though I have no proof, I think there has been a distinct downturn in the number of posts per week by us all.

It made me start to think, do Gamers suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder? But the opposite to how this condition is traditionally conceived, whereas the rest of the community get depressed in winter, we get down because it is summer and there is not enough indoor gaming time?

Now, I'm from the southern hemisphere, an Australian living in England. I also come from a warm part of Australia. For me there was only two seasons: hot and stinking hot.

So I don't understand seasons, but around me in England, the psyche of the country is linked to the seasons. Upbeat and optimistic in April, frustrated in July, bitter in October and miserable through winter.

But if this is all true and we gamers are all feeling SAD, because the sun is out and like vampires we can't take it - why is Austrodavicus in the doldrums - he is from Tasmania?

Post a Comment

0 Comments