It has been another week, with much to be grateful for. I appreciate having the weekly gratitude practice of joining bloggers, Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and Rebecca Jo at Knit By God's Hand for Friday's Fave Five and Thankful Thursday. Here are some things that have been positives for me this past week.
New books for my classroom - my Donors Choose project was 100% funded last Saturday, and by Tuesday, I had all these boxes that had been delivered to the school filled with items for my classroom.
Here are just some of the books I got for my classroom library. They are now on my classroom shelves where students will (hopefully) read and enjoy them. I am grateful for the Donors Choose grant and the opportunity to get some new books for my students.
Unexpected snow - This is the scene on my street as I was leaving for work Wednesday morning. Although this is nowhere near what some areas in the East got this week, this amount of snow was not expected here, so no snow plows were out and my morning drive was a little dicey.
This is the parking lot once I got to school. I am grateful for some needed snowfall, as well as a safe drive in ice and snow.
Cleaner air - the snow storm cleaned out the air pollution in the Salt Lake Valley, at least for a few days. I am grateful that we have cleaner air to breath after the storm.
Quilted vests - It's been very cold here this week. I am grateful for warm clothing, including quilted vests, that I have been wearing to school every day.
A couple of years ago, I bought several quilted vests in different colors. Now, I am so thankful that I have have a warm vest to go with every winter outfit I wear.
Valentines Surprises for the Grandkids - I got some fun things to send to the grandkids for Valentine's Day. These things will be packed up and sent away to the grands this weekend or early next week. I am grateful for all of my grandchildren and any opportunity to let them know how much we love them.
What are you grateful for this week? I hope you are staying warm and cozy wherever you are. Have a good weekend.
😊Deb💖
"Gratitude is the best medicine.
It heals the mind, body and spirit
and attracts more things to be grateful for. "
~Anon.



0 Comments