After doodling in my sketchbook yesterday I was inspired to have a play on the sewing machine... little squares inspired by the viewfinder squares.

Some simple free machine embroidery stitched onto a background fabric of tyvek scraps and sheer fabrics (something that had been lurking around my workroom for a while, the result of trying to use up the scraps), backed with pink felt.

They only took ten minutes... simple free machined lines with black thread, using the machine like a pen to draw.

Inspired most of all by the colours I had been using...

And the bold graphic lines of the doodles.

One of them has been stitched onto a luggage label which has been tied into the sketchbook... mostly for future reference but it also adds a bit of interest. The other three have been made into cards.

I just wanted to show how the sketchbook can be used to spark off ideas. They don't have to be major projects... sometimes as much pleasure can be had from a quick and simple idea. I confess I was quite pleased with the way these turned out.
I'm also delighted by the way these posts seem to be continuing to inspire other bloggers. Take a look at what
Penny,
Angela,
Lucy and
Mavis have been doing this week.
No sketchbook for me this afternoon... I'm taking some time off and Jacob and I are going to see
Toy Story 3! What will I do when I no longer have a "child" (he's 18 in October) to take me to see films like this?
0 Comments